Vietnamese Fish Sauce
The Vietnamese use fish sauce to flavour their foods the same way Americans use table salt; it pretty much goes with everything.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Asian red chili paste or hot sauce
- 1/2 carrot chopped
- o The 2 towns most noted for their fish sauce are Phu Quoc and Phan Thiet.
- Check the label when buying your fish sauce, the "nhi" signifies a high quality sauce.
- o Mince your 2 cloves of garlic and chop your 1/2 carrot.
- o Combine with the fish sauce, sugar, water, chili paste and lime juice.
- o Stir until the sugar dissolves. Makes about 2 cups to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sher777 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note