Vietnamese Dipping Sauce (Nuoc Cham)
This is the national condiment of Vietnam.
This recipe goes with Herb Noodle Salad (Bun)
Yield: Makes 1 cup
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 5.7
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 0.6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 75mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/2 to 1 red or green bird chile or serrano, sliced into paper thin rings
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic (about 1 large clove)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Put sliced chile in a small bowl. Add 1/2 cup warm water, garlic, fish sauce, and lime juice to bowl and whisk to combine.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments