This recipe is so yummy! I skipped the mayo and used flat out roll ups instead of bread to save fat and carbs. It was fantastic!!!!
Vietnamese Chicken Sandwiches
Dress up a basic chicken sandwich with these fresh and flavorful ingredients. Skip the bread and use the fillings in this Vietnamese Chicken Sandwich over a salad the next day.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 543
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 49g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Sodium: 1010mg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 radishes, shredded
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, skin and bone removed
- 1 12-oz. baguette, quartered, each piece cut in half horizontally
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine garlic, vinegar, sugar and 1/4 tsp. salt. Stir until sugar and salt dissolve. Add carrots and radishes, tossing to combine. Set aside to marinate.
- 2. Season chicken lightly with salt. Warm a nonstick grill pan over medium heat. Grill chicken until cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a cutting board, tent with foil and let rest.
- 3. Tear doughy centers out of bottoms of baguette. Lightly toast baguettes in toaster oven.
- 4. Thinly slice chicken. Spread 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise on 1 bottom piece of baguette. Top with 1/4 of cucumber slices and ¼ of chicken slices. Top with 1/4 of carrot mixture and a few cilantro leaves. Cover with top half of baguette. Repeat with remaining baguette pieces and filling.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note