- 1 pound lean boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh lemon grass
- 1 teaspoon minced serrano pepper with seeds
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- calories 302
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 9.1 g
- satfat 3.3 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 29.3 g
- carbohydrate 25.2 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 79 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 286 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Partially freeze steak; trim fat from steak. Slice steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-wide strips, and set aside.
Combine lemon grass and next 4 ingredients in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and shake well. Add steak to bag; seal bag, and shake until steak is well coated. Marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Combine onion, sugar, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl; cover and chill at least 30 minutes. Stir in carrot and mint.
Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Thread steak onto 4 (12-inch) metal skewers.
Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°). Place kabobs on rack; grill, covered, 5 minutes or to desired degree of doneness, turning skewers once. Transfer carrot mixture to a serving platter using a slotted spoon; top with steak, and sprinkle evenly with peanuts.