- 3 beef strip steaks (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, sliced
- 8 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas, warmed
- Vietnamese Dipping Sauce
- Toppings: thinly sliced red cabbage, matchstick carrots, thinly sliced red onion, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped fresh mint, cucumber slices
How to Make It
Place steaks in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Whisk together fish sauce and next 7 ingredients. Stir in red onion, and pour mixture over steaks in freezer bag. Seal and chill 8 to 24 hours, turning once.
Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove steaks from marinade, discarding marinade.
Grill steaks 7 to 8 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness, turning every 3 to 5 minutes. Cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand 10 minutes.
Cut steaks diagonally across the grain into thin strips, and serve in warm flour tortillas with Vietnamese Dipping Sauce and desired toppings.