Excellent!!! Easy to put together and delicious. This tastes almost like the Sweet Onion Pudding from Southern Living, which is a definite side dish at Thanksgiving. This is easy enough for weeknight dinners!
Vidalia Onion Soufflé
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 5 medium Vidalia or sweet onions, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups fresh bread cubes (about 10 slices, crusts removed)
- 1 (15-ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add chopped onions, and sauté 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Place onions and bread cubes in a large bowl. Stir in milk, eggs, 1 cup cheese, and salt. Pour into a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart soufflé or baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This