Vidalia Onion Pie with Mushrooms
- 1 large Vidalia onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 frozen (9-inch) deep-dish pastry shell, thawed
- Sauté onion and mushrooms in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 15 minutes or until tender.
- Stir together eggs and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in onion mixture. Spoon mixture into pastry shell, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake on lower oven rack at 350° for 45 minutes or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables