1) Cook penne psta according to pkg directions. Drain, reserving 1/2cup of the water
2) Coat a large, deep nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add sausage and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Drain on a paper towel: wipe down skillet.
3) Melt butter in same skillet. Add Cajun seasoning and cook 1 minute. Add onion; cook until softened, about 3 minuites. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add peppers and mushroom; cook stirring frequently, 5 minutes. Add shrimp and white fishand cook until done, 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Add pasta and sausage to the skillet, along with enough pasta water (or chicken broth) to make it a little saucy. Stir; top with basil and grated Parmesan, if desired. Serve hot.
5) Turn on the jazz and celebrate Mardi Gras!!
Go to full version of