Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) penne pasta
- 3 ounce(s) turkey andouille sausage 1/2'' slices, halved
- 4 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) cajon seasoning or mesquite rub, chile pwd, and garlic
- 1 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic paste or chopped garlic
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 serrano pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 cup(s) mushrooms halved
- 1 pound(s) shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 pound(s) white fish cut in chunks
- 1 cup(s) shredded fresh basil
- grated Parmesan to taste 3 cheese blend
- 1) Cook penne psta according to pkg directions. Drain, reserving 1/2cup of the water
- 2) Coat a large, deep nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add sausage and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Drain on a paper towel: wipe down skillet.
- 3) Melt butter in same skillet. Add Cajun seasoning and cook 1 minute. Add onion; cook until softened, about 3 minuites. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add peppers and mushroom; cook stirring frequently, 5 minutes. Add shrimp and white fishand cook until done, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4) Add pasta and sausage to the skillet, along with enough pasta water (or chicken broth) to make it a little saucy. Stir; top with basil and grated Parmesan, if desired. Serve hot.
- 5) Turn on the jazz and celebrate Mardi Gras!!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LouisePearl and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note