Veselka’s Cabbage Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) water
- 1 pound pork butt, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 3 allspice berries
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1 cup sauerkraut, plus around 4 tablespoons juice
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, minced
- 3 stalks celery, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh cabbage, shredded thin
- Place the pork in a medium stockpot with the chicken stock, water, allspice, bay leaves, and marjoram. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low heat for about 2 hours. Remove the pork and set aside on a plate to cool. Skim fat from stock, leaving a few “eyes” of fat for flavor.
- Add sauerkraut and simmer for 20 minutes. Add potato and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the carrots, celery, onion, and cabbage and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the pork and simmer for 10 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add sauerkraut juice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Veselka’s Cabbage Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews