Very Lemony Bread
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/3 cup(s) butter melted
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon extract
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped pecans
- lemon glaze
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- In a large bowl mix sugar and butter, lemon extract, and eggs. In separate bowl mix sifted flour, baking powder and salt. add butter mixture to flour alternating with milk. Stir just enough to blend. Fold in lemon peel and pecans. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x5in loaf pan. bake 350 for 1 hour. Poke holes in top at 1 in intervals. while loaf is still warm drizzle with glaze over tops and sides. Wrap in foil and store for 1 day before slicing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by elizabeth413 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Very Lemony Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts