Very Berry Summer Pudding from Southern Living
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cup(s) fresh cherries pitted and halved
- 2 cup(s) fresh raspberries
- 2 cup(s) fresh blackberries
- 1 cup(s) fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) orange liqueur
- 3 (3oz) package(s) soft ladyfingers
- garnishes: fresh berries, fresh mint sprigs
- 1. Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large, heavy stainless steel saucepan; let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup water, and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or just until berries begin to break down and release their juices. Remove from heat, and stir in orange liqueur; cool 20 minutes.
- 2. Line a 2-quart souffle dish with plastic wrap. Spoon 1 cup berry mixture into prepared dish, spreading to cover bottom. Arrange ladyfingers in a single layer on berry mixture, pressing together and trimming as needed to fit snugly and cover berry mixture. Repeat layers twice, dividing remaining berry mixture evenly between layers.
- 3. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, and place a small plate (approximately the same diameter as the inside of the souffle dish) directly on top. Place 2 or 3 heavy cans on plate, and chill 12 hours. Unmold pudding onto a serving plate.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Very Berry Summer Pudding from Southern Living Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes