Fantastic and easy recipe! I generally prefer thicker noodles and end up using stir fry noodles instead. Either way, delicious and easy!
Vermicelli Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 405
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 22.6g
- Carbohydrate: 59.7g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 648mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 8 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups cubed deli, lower-salt turkey breast (about 6 ounces)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili oil
- 2 cups snow peas, diagonally halved crosswise
- 1 1/3 cups red bell pepper strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add turkey and green onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Remove from skillet. Set aside; keep warm.
- Heat chili oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add snow peas, bell pepper, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Combine broth, soy sauce, and peanut butter; stir well with a whisk. Add to skillet; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in turkey mixture; remove from heat.
- Combine pasta and turkey mixture; toss well. Divide evenly among 4 shallow bowls; top each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons peanuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note