Serve this sauce with any mild whitefish in corn tortillas for a casual taco meal.
Yield: Makes 3 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 6 fresh tomatillos, husks removed and chopped
- 3 poblano chile peppers
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tequila (optional)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring often until tender. Stir in broth and, if desired, tequila. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool 20 minutes.
- Process tomatillo mixture in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Add remaining ingredients; process until blended.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments