- 4 poblano chile peppers
- 16 reserved cooked tomatillos
- 1 1/2 cups reserved chicken broth, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 romaine lettuce leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- Broil peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet 5 inches from heat about 5 minutes on each side or until peppers look blistered.
- Place broiled peppers in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal bag and let peppers stand about 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers; remove and discard seeds.
- Process peppers, cooked tomatillos, 1 cup chicken broth, and next 5 ingredients in a food processor or blender until mixture is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Transfer mixture to a saucepan, and cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Slowly stir in remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth, and cook about 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Dips/Spreads