Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Fonda Shaia
- 2 pounds tomatoes, cored and halved
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 2 poblano chiles, seeded and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup pitted olives, sliced
- Place first 4 ingredients, cut-sides down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 20 minutes or until skins are blistered. Cool and remove skins. Cut yellow bell peppers and poblano chiles in strips; set aside.
- Place oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Place tomatoes and red bell peppers in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. Stir tomato mixture into sautéed onions. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes. Stir in yellow bell pepper and poblano chile strips, bay leaves, and remaining ingredients. Simmer 15 minutes or until mixture is thick.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note