- 1 pound lean venison, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small purple onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium-size sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium-size green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup mango or other fruit chutney
- 1/3 cup honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- calories 270
- caloriesfromfat 13 %
- fat 3.9 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 27.4 g
- carbohydrate 32.2 g
- fiber 2.1 g
- cholesterol 95 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 177 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Thread venison, onion pieces, and pepper pieces alternately onto 4 (15-inch) metal skewers.
Combine chutney and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Brush mixture evenly on kabobs.
Coat rack of a broiler pan with cooking spray. Place kabobs on rack; broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 8 to 10 minutes or to desired degree of doneness, turning occasionally.
Grill the kabobs, covered, 8 to 10 minutes over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°), if desired.