- 2 pounds ground venison or lean ground beef
- 1 pound hot Italian link sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans light red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 dried red chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
How to Make It
Cook first three ingredients in a stock pot over medium heat until meat is browned, stirring until it crumbles; drain and return to stockpot.
Stir in beans and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 hours or until desired consistency.