- 3 lbs. venison (or beef), cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 T olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. rosemary
- 32 oz. beef broth
- 1-1/3 c. red wine (inexpensive)
- 1 or 2 medium onions, quartered
- 8 - 10 carrots, sliced into 3/4" sections
- 5 medium potatoes, cut into 3/4" cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 20 button mushrooms
- 4 T butter, divided
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T brown sugar
- Dust the venison with flour, salt and pepper. In a hot skillet, heat the oil and brown the meat.
- Transfer it to a large pot with thyme, rosemary, onion, wine and beef broth. Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- In the skillet, saute in 2 T butter the carrots and garlic. Add to the pot.
- Add the cubed potatoes to the pot. Simmer for 40 more minutes.
- In the skillet, brown mushrooms in 2 T butter. Add to the pot. Simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Stire in brown sugar and lemon juice. Simmer 5 more minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MulderFamily and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note