Venetian Shrimp and Scallops
This is delicious!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) sea scallops
- 1/4 cup(s) flour seasoned w/ salt&pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes crushed
- 1 cup(s) dry white wine
- cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes 14 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) saffron threads
- 1 pound(s) large shrimp peeled&deveined
- 12 fresh basil leaves shredded
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 hot crusty bread
- Lightly coat the sea scallops in seasoned flour. Pre-heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and butter. When butter melts into oil, add scallops. Brown scallops 2 minutes on each side. Then remove from pan.
- Add an additional drizzle of olive oil to the pan and add the garlic, shallots and crushed red pepper flakes. Reduce heat and stir for 2 minutes. Add wine to the pan and free up any pan drippings. Reduce wine 1 minute, then add stock, tomatoes and saffron threads. When liquid comes to a bubble, add shrimp and cook 3 minutes. Return scallops to the pan and cook shrimp and scallops 2 to 3 minutes longer. Transfer shrimp and scallops to a warm serving dish and top with basil and lemon zest. Pass plenty of bread to soak up the juices.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KathyEierman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Venetian Shrimp and Scallops Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes