I made these for Christmas...Just wonderful and easy to make ...very impressive looks like you worked in the kitchen forever...freezes really well....a winner...Thankyou for this recipe
Velvety Pecan Candy
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine
Yield: Makes about 3 dozen (about 3 lb.)
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
Chill: 2 Hours
- 3 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Wax paper
- 1 1/2 pounds vanilla or chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Line a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with wax paper. Lightly grease wax paper.
- 3. Microwave candy coating, sweetened condensed milk, and salt in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 3 to 5 minutes, stirring at 1-minute intervals. Stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla and pecans. Spread in an even layer in prepared pan. Cover and chill 2 hours or until set.
- 4. Turn candy out onto cutting board, and cut into squares. Store, covered, at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This