I made these for Christmas...Just wonderful and easy to make ...very impressive looks like you worked in the kitchen forever...freezes really well....a winner...Thankyou for this recipe
Velvety Pecan Candy
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine
Yield: Makes about 3 dozen (about 3 lb.)
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
Chill: 2 Hours
- 3 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Wax paper
- 1 1/2 pounds vanilla or chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Line a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with wax paper. Lightly grease wax paper.
- 3. Microwave candy coating, sweetened condensed milk, and salt in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 3 to 5 minutes, stirring at 1-minute intervals. Stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla and pecans. Spread in an even layer in prepared pan. Cover and chill 2 hours or until set.
- 4. Turn candy out onto cutting board, and cut into squares. Store, covered, at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note