This recipe is fast and delicious and healthy. I used homecooked black beans with a little bacon fat to make the refried beans. I make black bean tostadas a lot. I was looking for a variation, and this quick guacamole was just the thing.
Veggie Tostadas with Black Beans and Easy Guacamole
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 22 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 319
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 18.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 11.1g
- Carbohydrate: 30.1g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 613mg
- Calcium: 165mg
- 2 ripe peeled avocados, coarsely mashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup organic vegetable broth
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 (6-inch) tostada shells, toasted
- 3 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup Fresh Salsa
- 1. Combine avocado, lime juice, and salt in a medium bowl. Cover surface of guacamole with plastic wrap.
- 2. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in vegetable broth and beans. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove pan from heat; mash beans to desired consistency.
- 3. Spread about 1/4 cup bean mixture on each tostada shell. Top each with 2 tablespoons cheese, about 1/3 cup guacamole, 1/4 cup lettuce, and 2 tablespoons Fresh Salsa. Serve immediately.
- Tip: You can make things even easier on yourself by purchasing store-bought salsa and guacamole if you can't find ripe avocados.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This