This recipe is fast and delicious and healthy. I used homecooked black beans with a little bacon fat to make the refried beans. I make black bean tostadas a lot. I was looking for a variation, and this quick guacamole was just the thing.
Veggie Tostadas with Black Beans and Easy Guacamole
Here's another recipe that everyone in the family can customize to their own tastes.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 22 Minutes
- Calories: 319
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 18.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 11.1g
- Carbohydrate: 30.1g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 613mg
- Calcium: 165mg
- 2 ripe peeled avocados, coarsely mashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup organic vegetable broth
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 (6-inch) tostada shells, toasted
- 3 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup Fresh Salsa
- 1. Combine avocado, lime juice, and salt in a medium bowl. Cover surface of guacamole with plastic wrap.
- 2. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in vegetable broth and beans. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove pan from heat; mash beans to desired consistency.
- 3. Spread about 1/4 cup bean mixture on each tostada shell. Top each with 2 tablespoons cheese, about 1/3 cup guacamole, 1/4 cup lettuce, and 2 tablespoons Fresh Salsa. Serve immediately.
- Tip: You can make things even easier on yourself by purchasing store-bought salsa and guacamole if you can't find ripe avocados.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This