- 2 ripe peeled avocados, coarsely mashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup organic vegetable broth
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 (6-inch) tostada shells, toasted
- 3 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup Fresh Salsa
- calories 319
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 18.3 g
- satfat 4.5 g
- monofat 4.2 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 11.1 g
- carbohydrate 30.1 g
- fiber 6.6 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- iron 2.2 mg
- sodium 613 mg
- calcium 165 mg
How to Make It
Combine avocado, lime juice, and salt in a medium bowl. Cover surface of guacamole with plastic wrap.
Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in vegetable broth and beans. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove pan from heat; mash beans to desired consistency.
Spread about 1/4 cup bean mixture on each tostada shell. Top each with 2 tablespoons cheese, about 1/3 cup guacamole, 1/4 cup lettuce, and 2 tablespoons Fresh Salsa. Serve immediately.
Tip: You can make things even easier on yourself by purchasing store-bought salsa and guacamole if you can't find ripe avocados.