I used two chicken breasts and added sweet chile sauce, left out the bok choy and used red bell pepper instead...we really enjoyed this tonight...
Veggie and Tofu Stir-Fry
More From Cooking Light
Total: 49 Minutes
- Calories: 233
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Protein: 12.9g
- Carbohydrate: 17.5g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 389mg
- Calcium: 227mg
- 1 (14-ounce) package water-packed extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 3 large green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon julienne-cut ginger
- 4 small baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
- 2 large carrots, peeled and julienne-cut
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing (Chinese rice wine) or dry sherry
- 1/4 cup organic vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1. Cut tofu lengthwise into 4 equal pieces; cut each piece crosswise into 1/2-inch squares. Place tofu on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 30 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
- 2. Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Combine tofu, pepper, and 2 teaspoons cornstarch in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Add tofu to pan; stir-fry 8 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Remove tofu from pan with a slotted spoon; place in a medium bowl. Add onions, garlic, and ginger to pan; stir-fry 1 minute. Remove from pan; add to tofu.
- 3. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add bok choy; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add carrots; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add snow peas; stir-fry 1 minute. Add Shaoxing; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in tofu mixture.
- 4. Combine remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, broth, and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add broth mixture to pan; cook until slightly thickened (about 1 minute).
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine