Veggie Sticks with Avocado-Lime Dip
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
Time: 30 minutes. Here's a healthy party snack to mix in with the rich ones for your calorie-conscious guests.
Yield: Makes 1 cup; 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 113
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 2.7g
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Sodium: 179mg
- Cholesterol: 0.4mg
- 1/2 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (10 oz.), pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon loosely packed fresh mint leaves, rinsed (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 pound jicama, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick sticks
- 1. In a 2- to 3-qt. pan over high heat, bring about 1 qt. water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until tender to the bite, 3 to 6 minutes. Drain and immerse immediately in ice water until cool, about 2 minutes; drain again.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, combine avocado, yogurt, lime juice, mint (if using), garlic, and salt; whirl until very smooth.
- 3. Spoon dip into a bowl and serve with green beans and jicama sticks.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This