Veggie Sticks with Avocado-Lime Dip
Notes: You can also serve this dip with tortilla chips, carrot sticks, or cherry tomatoes. Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes.
Yield: Makes about 1 cup of dip; 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 92
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 2.7g
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 184mg
- Cholesterol: 0.4mg
- 1/2 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (10 oz.), pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon loose-packed fresh mint leaves, rinsed (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 pound jicama, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick sticks
- 1. In a 2- to 3-quart pan over high heat, bring about 1 quart water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until tender to bite, 3 to 6 minutes. Drain and immerse immediately in ice water until cool, about 2 minutes; drain again.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, combine avocado, yogurt, lime juice, mint (if using), garlic, and salt; whirl until very smooth.
- 3. Spoon dip into a bowl and serve with green beans and jicama sticks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers