- 1/2 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (10 oz.), pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon loose-packed fresh mint leaves, rinsed (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 pound jicama, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick sticks
- calories 92
- caloriesfromfat 54 %
- protein 2.7 g
- fat 5.5 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- carbohydrate 10 g
- fiber 3 g
- sodium 184 mg
- cholesterol 0.4 mg
How to Make It
In a 2- to 3-quart pan over high heat, bring about 1 quart water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until tender to bite, 3 to 6 minutes. Drain and immerse immediately in ice water until cool, about 2 minutes; drain again.
In a blender or food processor, combine avocado, yogurt, lime juice, mint (if using), garlic, and salt; whirl until very smooth.
Spoon dip into a bowl and serve with green beans and jicama sticks.