- 8 (1-inch-thick) French bread slices
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, sliced
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup low-fat tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package meatless breakfast patties, thawed and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- calories 480
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fat 14 g
- satfat 4 g
- monofat 3.5 g
- polyfat 4.1 g
- protein 34 g
- carbohydrate 43 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 14 mg
- iron 4.5 mg
- sodium 1589 mg
- calcium 426 mg
How to Make It
Bake bread slices on a baking sheet at 425° for 5 minutes. Set aside.
Sauté sliced onion and bell pepper in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 5 minutes.
Spread pasta sauce evenly on one side of each bread slice. Top evenly with mozzarella cheese, onion mixture, crumbled patties, and Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.