This recipe is basically an omelette in a different form. Needs spices, like onion, chives, oregano maybe. Strangely, I added two jalapenos because my husband and I like heat, but we could not taste them - no heat. I think the dairy may have neutralized the jalopenos.
Veggie Sausage-Cheddar Frittata
Vegetable sausage is easier to crumble if you microwave it at HIGH for 15 seconds.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 184
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 10.4g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 588mg
- Calcium: 154mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 4 (1.3-ounce) frozen vegetable protein sausage patties, thawed and crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Place a 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chopped bell pepper and mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Add sausage, salt, and pepper; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 1 minute.
- Combine egg substitute and half-and-half; carefully pour over sausage mixture. Cover and cook 6 minutes. (Frittata will be slightly moist on top.) Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut into 8 wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note