- Cooking spray
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 4 (1.3-ounce) frozen vegetable protein sausage patties, thawed and crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- calories 184
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 5.9 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- monofat 0.7 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 21 g
- carbohydrate 10.4 g
- fiber 3.2 g
- cholesterol 11 mg
- iron 3.7 mg
- sodium 588 mg
- calcium 154 mg
How to Make It
Place a 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chopped bell pepper and mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Add sausage, salt, and pepper; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 1 minute.
Combine egg substitute and half-and-half; carefully pour over sausage mixture. Cover and cook 6 minutes. (Frittata will be slightly moist on top.) Sprinkle with cheese.
Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut into 8 wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.