- 2 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise with olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup steamed, cut fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- calories 176
- fat 6 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 4 g
- carbohydrate 28 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 158 mg
- calcium 44 mg
How to Make It
Bring potatoes and salted water to cover to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat, and simmer 7 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place potatoes in a large bowl; sprinkle with vinegar and oil, and toss gently. Cool completely (about 1 hour).
Whisk together buttermilk and next 3 ingredients. Stir in carrots and next 6 ingredients; season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon buttermilk mixture over potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours before serving.
Note: We tested with Kraft Reduced-Fat Mayonnaise with Olive Oil.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.