Veggie Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
- 1 cauliflower head, roughly chopped (about 3 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup presliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.5 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 2/3 cup), divided
- 2 large egg whites
- 0.5 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced seeded tomatoes
- 2/3 cup fresh baby spinach
- calories 350
- fat 15.8 g
- satfat 6 g
- monofat 5.7 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 26 g
- carbohydrate 32 g
- fiber 11 g
- cholesterol 25 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 658 mg
- calcium 488 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Place half of cauliflower in a food processor; pulse 10 to 15 times or until finely chopped (like rice). Transfer cauliflower to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat procedure with remaining cauliflower. Coat cauliflower with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes, stirring once. Cool.
Increase oven temp to 450°.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
Place cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel. Squeeze until very dry. Combine cauliflower, remaining 1 teaspoon oil, 1/4 cup basil, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, salt, garlic, 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, egg whites, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Press cauliflower mixture into 2 (8-inch) circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Coat crusts with cooking spray.
Bake crusts at 450° for 22 minutes or until browned. Remove pan from oven; top crusts evenly with mushroom mixture, tomatoes, spinach, remaining 1/4 cup basil, remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, and remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake an additional 7 minutes or until cheese melts.