- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup diced yellow squash
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 small purple onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and diced
- 1 (16-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Romano cheese
How to Make It
Cook macaroni in a Dutch oven according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Sauté broccoli and next 4 ingredients in hot oil in Dutch oven over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; add macaroni, bell pepper, and next 5 ingredients, stirring until blended. Stir in beaten eggs.
Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with tomato slices; sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Romano cheese.
Bake, covered, at 350° for 15 minutes; uncover and bake 20 more minutes or until golden. Serve warm.