We loved it
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 Onion (small) Diced
- 2 clove(s) Garlic Crushed
- 1 pound(s) Veggie sausage
- 3/4 pound(s) Morningstar grillers meat crumbles
- 1 can(s) Crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 2 can(s) tomato paste (6 oz)
- 2 can(s) Tomato sauce (6.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup(s) Water
- 2 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoon(s) Fresh parsley Chopped
- 12 Lasagna noodles
- 16 ounce(s) ricotta cheese
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 pound(s) mozzarella cheese Sliced (ok if shredded)
- 3/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese Grated
- Note I used some "Italian blend cheese"
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a Dutch oven, cook onion and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in both crumbles, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water.
- Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons parsley (some of parsley will be used later). Simmer covered for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- To assemble:
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce.
- Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture.
- Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices.
- Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil (to prevent foil from sticking to the top layer of cheese, spray with cooking spray).
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving
- To prevent foil from sticking to the top layer of cheese, spray with cooking spray.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RKManning and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note