- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°), divided
- 10 ounce bread flour (about 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 10 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 12 ounces baby eggplant, cut crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, quartered and seeded
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup Basic Pizza Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup small mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- calories 454
- fat 19.7 g
- satfat 6.2 g
- monofat 10.1 g
- polyfat 2.5 g
- protein 15.6 g
- carbohydrate 55.7 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 26 mg
- iron 4.1 mg
- sodium 637 mg
- calcium 176 mg
How to Make It
Pour 3/4 cup warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and spoons; level with a knife. Add flour to 3/4 cup water; mix until combined. Cover and let stand 20 minutes. Combine remaining 1/4 cup water and yeast in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes or until bubbly. Add yeast mixture, 4 teaspoons oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to flour mixture; mix 5 minutes or until a soft dough forms. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray; cover surface of dough with plastic wrap lightly coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate 24 hours.
Prepare grill to high.
Remove dough from refrigerator. Let stand, covered, 1 hour or until dough comes to room temperature. Punch dough down. Press dough out to a 12-inch oval on a lightly floured baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. Crimp edges to form a 1/2-inch border. Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap.
Brush eggplant, zucchini, and bell pepper with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Grill eggplant 4 minutes on each side or until tender; place in a bowl. Grill zucchini 3 minutes on each side or until tender; add to eggplant. Place pepper quarters, skin side down, on grill rack; grill 6 minutes or until blistered. Place peppers in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel peppers; add to vegetable mixture. Coarsely chop vegetables. Add garlic to vegetables; toss to combine.
Place pizza dough, cornmeal side up, on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 4 minutes or until blistered. Turn dough over; grill 3 minutes. Remove from grill. Spread Basic Pizza Sauce evenly over top side of crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Arrange vegetable mixture evenly over sauce; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Top with cheese. Return pizza to grill rack, and grill for 4 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Cut pizza into 10 pieces; sprinkle with mint and thyme.