- 1 medium-size yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 (8-oz.) container sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6-oz.) bag fresh baby spinach*
- 4 large eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 (8-oz.) block 2% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Garnishes: black pepper, chopped fresh parsley
- calories 139
- caloriesfromfat 54 %
- fat 8.5 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- monofat 2.2 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 12.5 g
- carbohydrate 3.9 g
- fiber 0.9 g
- cholesterol 119 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 231 mg
- calcium 202 mg
How to Make It
Sauté onion and mushrooms in hot oil in an ovenproof nonstick 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in spinach, and sauté 3 minutes or until water evaporates and spinach wilts. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Whisk together 4 large eggs, 6 egg whites, Cheddar cheese, and next 5 ingredients.
Pour egg mixture into skillet with onion mixture, stirring to combine.
Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or just until set. Let stand 3 minutes. Cut into wedges. Garnish, if desired.
*1 (10-oz.) package chopped frozen spinach, thawed and well drained, may be substituted for fresh spinach.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.