- 2 1/2 tablespoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 2 ounces ham, diced
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) slices green onions
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans), thawed
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 2 (8.8-ounce) packages precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's Ready Rice)
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- calories 406
- fat 18.5 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- monofat 6.1 g
- polyfat 6.1 g
- protein 19 g
- carbohydrate 44 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 194 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 577 mg
- calcium 115 mg
How to Make It
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; swirl to coat. Add ham; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally (cover pan if ham pops). Remove ham from pan.
Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add eggs; cook 1 minute or until soft-scrambled, stirring constantly. Place eggs in a large bowl.
Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl. Add onions; sauté 1 minute. Add edamame and spinach; cover and cook 2 1/2 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring occasionally. Add vegetable mixture to eggs in bowl.
Knead rice packages to separate rice. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add rice; stir to coat. Pat rice down into an even layer; cook 3 minutes. Stir, pat rice down, and cook 3 additional minutes.
Stir in egg-vegetable mixture and soy sauce. Sprinkle with ham.