Great taste, easy, and can use a variety of veggies.
Veggie Fried Rice
Instead of Chinese takeout, make this low-fat , high-fiber vegetable fried rice at home in only 20 minutes.
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 240
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 9.6g
- Carbohydrate: 38.7g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 439mg
- Calcium: 92mg
- 1 (5.3-oz.) bag quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 (8-oz.) package fresh sugar snap peas
- 4 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions; drain well.
- 2. Sauté peas, green onions, and carrots in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add ginger and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add rice, and cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Push rice mixture to sides of pan, making a well in center of mixture.
- 3. Add eggs to center of mixture, and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes or until set. Stir eggs into rice mixture. Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note