Veggie Couscous-Stuffed Trout
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup finely diced zucchini
- 2/3 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 3/4 cup tricolor or plain couscous
- 1 cup finely diced plum tomato
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 6 (8-ounce) boneless trout
- 6 (4-inch) sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon sections (about 2 lemons)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in tomato, 2 tablespoons oil, grated lemon rind, chopped tarragon, and sea salt; cool to room temperature.
- Brush 1/2 tablespoon oil onto bottom of large roasting pan. Open trout; stuff each evenly with couscous mixture. Close fish to enclose the stuffing; tie fish securely in 2 places with heavy string. Tuck a sprig of tarragon under string of each trout. Carefully place trout in pan. Brush with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil; sprinkle evenly with pepper.
- Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until cooked through at thickest part.
- Remove trout to a serving platter, and cover with aluminum foil. Place roasting pan across 2 burners over medium heat. Add wine, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of pan. Bring to a boil, and reduce to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat; add butter, parsley, and capers, stirring just until melted. Stir in lemon sections. Spoon over trout.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note