Veggie Couscous-Stuffed Trout
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup finely diced zucchini
- 2/3 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 3/4 cup tricolor or plain couscous
- 1 cup finely diced plum tomato
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 6 (8-ounce) boneless trout
- 6 (4-inch) sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon sections (about 2 lemons)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in tomato, 2 tablespoons oil, grated lemon rind, chopped tarragon, and sea salt; cool to room temperature.
- Brush 1/2 tablespoon oil onto bottom of large roasting pan. Open trout; stuff each evenly with couscous mixture. Close fish to enclose the stuffing; tie fish securely in 2 places with heavy string. Tuck a sprig of tarragon under string of each trout. Carefully place trout in pan. Brush with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil; sprinkle evenly with pepper.
- Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until cooked through at thickest part.
- Remove trout to a serving platter, and cover with aluminum foil. Place roasting pan across 2 burners over medium heat. Add wine, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of pan. Bring to a boil, and reduce to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat; add butter, parsley, and capers, stirring just until melted. Stir in lemon sections. Spoon over trout.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes