Veggie Confetti Frittata
More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 3 (8-oz.) baking potatoes, peeled and shredded (about 3 cups firmly packed)*
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place shredded potatoes in a large bowl; add cold water to cover. Let stand 5 minutes; drain and pat dry.
- 2. Melt butter with oil in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in shredded potatoes and 1/2 tsp. salt; cook, stirring often, 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden and tender.
- 3. Remove from heat, and stir in olives and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 4. Whisk together eggs, pepper, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt; whisk in Swiss cheese. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture in skillet.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 9 to 10 minutes or until set. Cut into wedges, and serve immediately.
- *3 cups firmly packed frozen shredded potatoes may be substituted, omitting Step 1.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note