Veggie Confetti Frittata
Soaking the shredded potatoes in cold water keeps them from turning gray before cooking. It also rinses off some of the starch. Drain and pat them dry, so they won't stick to the cast-iron skillet.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 3 (8-oz.) baking potatoes, peeled and shredded (about 3 cups firmly packed)*
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place shredded potatoes in a large bowl; add cold water to cover. Let stand 5 minutes; drain and pat dry.
- 2. Melt butter with oil in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in shredded potatoes and 1/2 tsp. salt; cook, stirring often, 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden and tender.
- 3. Remove from heat, and stir in olives and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 4. Whisk together eggs, pepper, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt; whisk in Swiss cheese. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture in skillet.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 9 to 10 minutes or until set. Cut into wedges, and serve immediately.
- *3 cups firmly packed frozen shredded potatoes may be substituted, omitting Step 1.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note