Veggie Burgers - Black Bean
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 whole(s) small yellow onion finely diced
- 2 whole(s) garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 whole(s) 14 oz can of black beans drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup(s) cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro* finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 3 tablespoon(s) grapeseed oil
- 4 whole(s) whole wheat buns (optional)
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium-low heat. Saute the onion, garlic and cumin together until softened and fragrant, about 7 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, beans, and rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- 2. Add the cilantro if using* and mash the mixture with a potato masher just to combine and get some cohesion. Don't overmash - you want the burgers to have texture.
- 3. Let the mixture cool until it's easy to handle. Form the mixture into 4 patties. At this point, you can set them aside in the refrigerator for a few hours if you'd like. Just bring them to room temperature before you go to the next step.
- 4. Dust on both sides with flour. Heat the grapeseed oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the burgers on both sides, about a minute on each side.
- Serve on toasted buns (or not) with fixings (or not). These are great with tomato relish or anything else you like.
- *If you don't care for cilantro (like me), you can substitute flat leaf parsley or simply omit.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Veggie Burgers - Black Bean Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes