- 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium red, yellow and/or orange bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta, prepared according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
How to Make It
Melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 3-quart saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onion, red peppers, carrot, salt, pepper and thyme, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in rice and cook 3 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in hot orzo and parsley.
Cost per recipe*: $
Cost per serving*: $
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
Smart Choices Program™ approved recipes were developed to bring nutrition to your kitchen with delicious recipes that help you make positive changes in your diet through a variety and balance of food choices from each of the major food groups.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories 260, Calories From Fat 40, Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 5g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 440mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g, Sugars 4g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 7g, Vitamin A 70%, Vitamin C 90%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%