Veggie Bread Bowl
Yield: 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 284
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 4.9mg
- Sodium: 822mg
- Calcium: 157mg
- 4 poppy seed crusty rolls (about 1.7 ounces each)
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill (optional)
- Cut off tops of rolls, reserving tops. Hollow out rolls, leaving a 1/4-inch shell in each.
- Sauté onion and next 4 ingredients in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Heat skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat; add egg substitute and cream cheese. Cook, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on bottom.
- Draw a spatula across bottom of skillet to form large curds. Continue cooking until eggs are thickened and moist (do not stir constantly). Remove from heat.
- Spoon evenly into rolls. Top evenly with onion mixture and feta cheese. Sprinkle with dill, if desired. Replace tops of rolls. Serve with sliced cantaloupe, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch