Veggie Baked Potatoes
Veggie Baked Potatoes are a great solution for weeknight meal--especially if you're trying to serve meatless meals once a week. Our spuds are loaded with carrots, broccoli, bell pepper, olives, and Swiss cheese.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 373
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 71g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Sodium: 444mg
- 4 large russet potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small carrot, cut into matchstick strips
- 2 cups bite-size broccoli florets
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Bake potatoes. IN THE OVEN: Preheat oven to 375°F. Scrub potatoes and pat dry. Prick all over with a fork. Rub lightly with vegetable oil; sprinkle with salt. Place on oven rack and bake until a knife inserted in center of potato slides in easily, about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. IN THE MICROWAVE: Scrub potatoes. Prick all over with a fork. Place potatoes on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high 4 minutes. Turn potatoes over and microwave until a knife inserted in center of potato slides in easily, 6 to 8 minutes longer. Cooking time will vary depending on the microwave.
- 2. In a saucepan, bring 1 inch water to boil. Add 1/4 tsp. salt. Add carrot, broccoli and bell pepper. Cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain.
- 3. Cut a deep cross in tops of potatoes; squeeze to open. Fluff up flesh with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Divide vegetables and olives among potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note