- 1 pound(s) Zucchini 1/2 inch Slices
- 36 ounce(s) Vegetable Stock
- 1 3/4 cup(s) Green or Brown Lentils
- 1 Medium Onion Small Dice
- 16 ounce(s) Button Mushrooms Quarter or Half
- 10 ounce(s) Canned Chickpeas Drained and Rinsed
- 14 ounce(s) Roasted Onion and Garlic Canned Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) Tomato Paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) Herbes de Provence
- 12 ounce(s) 0 % Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Eggs or Equivalent Substitute
- 3/4 cup(s) 2% Shredded Cheese optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Preheat to 350 degrees
- 1. Boil lentils and 1 bay leaf in vegetable stock for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain but do not rinse.
- 2. Saute onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil until tender but not brown. 3. Stir in the lentils, mushrooms, chickpeas, tomatoes, tomato paste, herbs, and 3 table spoons of water. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Heat 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil in a non stick skillet over medium high heat. Pan fry the zucchini until they are brown on both sides.
- 5. Place a single layer of zucchini at the bottom of a large. lasagna dish. Spoon half of the tomato mixture over the top. Repeat with the second layer of zucchini and tomato.
- 6. Mix yogurt and egg in a bowl with a teaspoon of salt and pepper each. Pour over the top of the dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 7. Place the dish in the oven on top of a sheet pan and bake for 45 minutes and the top is light brown and bubbling.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferschorus and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note