Vegetarian Tortilla Pizza
Flour tortillas give this vegetable-packed pizza a delicious, thin-crust crunch.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 tortilla pizza)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 328
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.0g
- Protein: 15.4g
- Carbohydrate: 44.3g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 3.0mg
- Sodium: 772mg
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fiber: 7.0g
- Calcium: 283mg
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 4 (8-inch) 97%-fat-free flour tortillas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place beans, 2 tablespoons lime juice, cumin, and garlic in a blender; process until smooth, scraping bottom and sides frequently.
- Combine tomatoes, cilantro, vinegar, jalapeño, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and salt. Toss and set aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion; coat with cooking spray and cook 4 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender.
- Place tortillas on ungreased baking sheets. Spread equal amounts of bean mixture on each tortilla. Add onion and pepper mixture evenly to each; top with cheese, and bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with tomato mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note