- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 4 (8-inch) 97%-fat-free flour tortillas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- calories 328
- fat 9.9 g
- satfat 5.0 g
- protein 15.4 g
- carbohydrate 44.3 g
- cholesterol 30 mg
- iron 3.0 mg
- sodium 772 mg
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fiber 7.0 g
- calcium 283 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place beans, 2 tablespoons lime juice, cumin, and garlic in a blender; process until smooth, scraping bottom and sides frequently.
Combine tomatoes, cilantro, vinegar, jalapeño, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and salt. Toss and set aside.
Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion; coat with cooking spray and cook 4 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender.
Place tortillas on ungreased baking sheets. Spread equal amounts of bean mixture on each tortilla. Add onion and pepper mixture evenly to each; top with cheese, and bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with tomato mixture.