Vegetarian Taco Salad
Cal - 395 Fat - 17 Carb - 52 Protein - 14 Fiber - 9 Sodium - 774
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 1 whole(s) large onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh or frozen corn kernels thawed if frozen
- 4 whole(s) large tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) long grain brown rice cooked
- 15 ounce(s) can black, kidney, or pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) salsa
- 2 cup(s) iceberg or romaine lettuce shredded
- 1 cup(s) pepper Jack cheese shredded
- 2 1/2 cup(s) tortilla chips coarsely crumbled
- 1 whole(s) lime for garnish
- Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add onion and corn; cook stirring until onion begins to brown, about 5'. Add one of the tomatoes chopped, beans, rice, chili powder, 1 tsp. orgegano, and 1/4 tsp. salt to pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until tomato breaks down, about 5'. Cool slightly.
- Add remaining tomatoes with cilantro, salsa and remaining oregano in med. bowl.
- Toss lettuce in large bowl with bean mix, half fresh salsa, and 2/3 cup cheese. Serve sprinkled with chips and remaining cheese, passing lime wedges and remaining salsa at table.
- Make ahead tip - can make 3 days ahead and cover and refrigerate, reheat slightly before serving
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SandyPTA and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vegetarian Taco Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads