Vegetarian Taco Salad
Nutrition punch: fiber, protein, magnesium, iron, folate.
Prep: 15 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 salad)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 334
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 14g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 773mg
- Calcium: 252mg
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican four-cheese blend
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced ripe black olives, drained
- 2 scallions, minced
- 24 multi-grain tortilla chips or baked tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine beans, garlic powder, and cumin; set aside.
- 2. Assemble the salads by dividing the lettuce evenly among 4 shallow bowls or dinner plates. Sprinkle each serving with the bell pepper; then divide the reserved beans among plates. Divide cheese and next 3 ingredients (through scallions) among plates, and garnish each plate with 6 tortilla chips.
- 3. Prepare the dressing by stirring together the salsa and sour cream in a small bowl. Add a 1/4-cup dollop of dressing to each portion of salad, or pass the dressing separately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads