Vegetarian Taco Salad
Nutrition punch: fiber, protein, magnesium, iron, folate.
Prep: 15 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 salad)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 334
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 14g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 773mg
- Calcium: 252mg
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican four-cheese blend
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced ripe black olives, drained
- 2 scallions, minced
- 24 multi-grain tortilla chips or baked tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine beans, garlic powder, and cumin; set aside.
- 2. Assemble the salads by dividing the lettuce evenly among 4 shallow bowls or dinner plates. Sprinkle each serving with the bell pepper; then divide the reserved beans among plates. Divide cheese and next 3 ingredients (through scallions) among plates, and garnish each plate with 6 tortilla chips.
- 3. Prepare the dressing by stirring together the salsa and sour cream in a small bowl. Add a 1/4-cup dollop of dressing to each portion of salad, or pass the dressing separately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note