Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie with Sweet Potato
- 1-1/2 pound(s) sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) soft, non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) Canola oil
- 1 package(s) Yves Veggie Original Ground Round
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 clove(s) Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup(s) combined, sweet peas, corn and carrots
- 1. In pot of boiling water, cook potatoes for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Drain potatoes well and return to pot. Add margarine and half of the fresh ground pepper and mash until smooth; set aside.
- 3. In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook ground round, green pepper and garlic, stirring for 5 minutes.
- 4. Stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 5. Add stock to skillet; bring to a boil.
- 6. Add peas, corn, carrots, and remaining ground pepper.
- 7. Spread mixture into 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish. Spread mashed potato over top.
- 8. Bake in 400F (200C) oven for about 15 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YvesVeggie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note